The Versatile Blogger Award goes to …
I got my first blog award! My blog is like a little baby still so this is like someone telling me my infant won the ‘Most Adorable Drooler’ award. I’m very excited and want to thank my new Twitter and blog friend, Diana Murdock for honoring me. I knew Diana and I had things in common the moment I read her Twitter bio and when I read Diana’s blog, I knew I connected with her. She exudes love and passion and by example, motivates her readers to do the same. She recently shared her new body art, which is probably the most gorgeous tattoo I’ve ever seen. Thank you, Diana!
So being awarded the Versatile Blogger comes with a great pay-it-forward opportunity and I’m taking this very seriously. I want other bloggers to feel as great as I did when Diana told me she’d given me the award. According to the rules, I have the opportunity to do three things:
- Thank the person who shared the award with me and link back to them in my post. (see 1st paragraph)
- Tell you all 7 things about me you probably don’t know
- And then the best part — award The Versatile Blogger to 15 other blogs that I’ve recently discovered, enjoyed and think you’ll love too.
Seven random things you may not know about me:
- I performed in professional water ski shows. It came with being my dad’s daughter. I started performing in shows when I was 12 during the summers. Eventually I met my husband when we both performed in Sea World San Diego’s Beach Blanket Ski Party show. Barbara Ann, Johnny Stingray and Howard the Coward = Crazy-Times! I continued to manage and perform in shows until it was time to get a ‘real’ life. Now that my show skiing days are over, I get to wakeboard, which I actually think is way more fun!
- I have discovered that I love Olympic weightlifting and earlier this year I competed in a small (but officially sanctioned) meet. I even got a gold medal for my age/weight class. We don’t need to discuss that I may have been ‘in a class of my own’ so to speak.
- I HAVE to have a clean car windshield. I mean, I go through wiper fluid at an insane rate. Which is why it’s tragic that the tank has sprung a leak and I no longer have a way to clean my windshield all day. I’m driving blind, seriously!
- I know how to make my own sushi. I adore sushi and learned how to make it from a dear friend. It’s a process but so gratifying.
- Electronics and I have a true love/hate relationship. I want to love them but it’s hard when they are so mean to me. My husband says I shouldn’t operate anything with a plug, and maybe steer clear of battery operated gadgets as well. TV remotes take a stand against me. Computers go into an identity crisis when exposed to my handling. (Except my macbook-pro that thus far has treated me with the respect I feel I deserve). When Mercury goes into retrograde, I quiver in fear that all electronic devices will spontaneously combust in my presence!
- Red Vines are the ‘real’ red licorice and Twizzlers are a poor-nasty-sweet-imposter!
- I love cash registers. I worked in retail for many years and there isn’t a cash register I can’t dominate and tame. Kind of goes contrary to the electronic plague above. Go figure. When the cash drawer opens and I have all those bills stacked up neatly, facing the right direction, coins in their appropriate little cubby … it just brings me joy.
Now I get to pass The Versatile Blogger Award to:
Myndi Shafer: Myndi’s blog is beyond fun and I predict so is the woman behind the big glasses. Among other things, I’m hoping to learn about cool music, which Myndi knows about, and I don’t.
Liz Jasper: Liz is flat out one of my favorite people and an absolute riot. I can promise you any exchange with Liz will leave you laughing and feel like time well spent.
K.B. Owen: Anyone who has a PhD in 19th century literature would fascinate me. K.B.’s blog follows suit by being chocked full of cool tidbits I’d never have read about had I not visited her niche in cyber-space.
Susie Lindau: Susie’s humor and fun nature is in all of her writing and I love that her blog has tabs so a reader can go directly to what interests them.
Janelle Madigan: I immediately related to Janelle when I read her blog from 10/11 on being a perfectionist, especially the napkin copy-edits. I do that!
Catie Rhodes: I love that Catie’s blog applies to real life and encourages interaction. Plus, who could resist the tag line, Full-Tilt Backwoods Boogie? Not me!
Xandra James: Xandra’s sense of humor is dry, witty and marvelous. Visiting her blog felt like sharing a cup of coffee with a friend.
Jessica O’ Neal: Since I’m a ‘Gleek’, I gravitated to Jessica’s blog from her Glee chat tweets. Then I enjoyed the rest as well.
Lecia Cornwall: Lecia’s blog is so pretty and enchanting on the eyes. And she pretty much had me at ‘Auntie’s Borscht’ from her post on 10/3/11.
Julie A. Lindsey: Exchanging tweets with Julie made me feel like we were good buddies. I started reading her blog and have enjoyed every entry. Plus, we found out we were ‘Piggy-Twinkies’, both having guinea pigs in our homes. That’s bonding folks!
Colin Falconer: Colin’s blog is witty, well written and totally engaging. It makes you feel like ducking into a London pub and sharing a pint or two with Colin. Doesn’t that sound awesome?
Stephanie Jarkins: As a self-certified Soccer-Mom, it took me a fraction of a second to clink on a blog that talked about a Goth Soccer Mom Club. How fun! This blog is a hoot – totally enjoyable.
Jen McAndrews: Jen participates in a blog called Pirate Writers of the Universe. Do I need to say more? Seriously, it’s so fun and a fantastic collaboration of Pirate writers extraordinaire, not necessarily writing about pirates, mind you.
Linda Gerber: Linda’s blog always has amazing interviews and who doesn’t love a Freebie-Friday? Exactly! Linda always supplies a plethora of links so you can hop on down the blogger trail.
Prudence Macleod: Prudence is so warm, inviting and helpful and so is her blog. I love spending time there. It’s nourishing.
Rachel Funk Heller: Rachel’s brand new blog is not only informative and interesting; it’s full of life and humor.
Sandra Brougher: Sandra’s Whole Health blog really hits on all areas of your life to help you focus on pure health to achieve that true balance of wellness.
Okay Versatile Blogger Award Recipients — your turn. Pay it Forward. It feels GREAT!